Cross To Life Discipleship Program
What is the Cross To Life Discipleship and Trainee Program?
This is a yearlong resident discipleship program developed for college-aged young men and women, designed to develop followers, and prepare leaders for a lifetime of service dedicated to serving Jesus Christ. A small number of young men and women make the decision to set aside this time of their lives towards developing character, identity and discipline consistent with Christian leadership.
What will you receive?
Four different departments available:
• Food Service
• Guest Services
You Receive the following benefits:
- 30 credit hour online scholarship from San Diego Christian College
- Weekly salary, lodging and meals
- 7 day cruise
The trainee will also be solely responsible for:
- A current passport for the cruise and any cost to obtain it
- The program monthly fee of $100 a month
- All bedding, toiletries, medications, and personal bills
- My car (if I choose to bring one)
- My own health insurance
It’s a partnership! Camp staff invests in trainees with:
• Hands-on experience
• Spiritual investment & development
• Real life community living
Trainees are equipped with:
• Experience in a variety of areas
• Work ethic that sets them apart from others
• Spiritual practices and tools to grow and nurture
• Practice with crucial conversations and problem solving in community
Our goals are to:
– Model and encourage the value of spiritual formation and development of an intimate relationship with Jesus.
– Cultivate and demonstrate a heart of joyfully serving our internal and external customers and guests
– Build community and friendships that last a lifetime
– Bible reading plan/journal to go through together
– Encouraged to get involved in a local church
– Weekly devotions with a specific spiritual emphasis
PVBC Family Community
– Regular “Family” Get Togethers
– Time spent on weekly routine working alongside/building relationships with our 20 full-time staff members
- Fill out the online application form.
- Email your resume to email@example.com
- Get in contact with the following people in your life and ask them to fill out this online reference form
Your application will not complete until we receive your three references which could include:
- A senior pastor or youth pastor at your church
- A teacher or professor who has taught you within the past year
- A current or former employer (or long-time family friend, or for those who may have served as a Pine Valley Summer Staff Team Member, you can send the link to your previous department supervisor)
What happens next?
Once your application and references are received, we will contact you to pursue the next step in the application process.
If you have any questions or need more information, please email our Cross To Life Director, Ryan Rebold, at firstname.lastname@example.org