Spiritual Core Values
Scripture: We believe the Bible is the revealed Word of God; is composed of the 66 books of the Old and New Testament; is inspired by God; true in all that it affirms; without error on all matters it addresses; without error in the original writings; and the authority for all that is necessary regarding salvation and godly living.
Trinity: We believe in one God eternally existing as one essence and three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit; we affirm each is God according to Scripture, and there is one God according to Scripture.
Mankind & Fall: We believe that God created heaven and earth and created man in His own image; male and female; that man rebelled from God and thereby brought upon himself death, both physical and spiritual; and that all human beings share this guilt and inherit a sin nature from the first Adam.
Christ: We believe in Jesus Christ; the only begotten Son, our Lord; fully God and fully man; His conception by the Holy Spirit; His virgin-birth; His sinless life; His miracles; His atoning death on the cross; His burial and resurrection on the third day from the dead; His ascension into heaven where He sits at the right hand of the Father; and His imminent return.
Salvation: We believe that salvation belongs to God; that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, and that the shed blood of Christ is sufficient for the forgiveness of sins, salvation, and to keep those united to Him, Christ, eternally secure.
Holy Spirit: We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and that the Holy Spirit sovereignly (as He wills irrespective of us) bestows spiritual gifts (extraordinary powers conferred solely by His divine grace operating in their souls as distinguished from natural gifts and abilities) upon believers for service in the body of Christ, and that the gifts of apostles, prophets, healings, miracles, and tongues are not gifted to individuals today.
Church: We believe the Church is the Bride of Christ; that it consists of both a local congregations and the church universal; that it is called to proclaim the good news of the Gospel, to make disciples, to baptize, and to a live a life of gratitude in response to the finished work of Christ.
Godly Living: We believe Christians are called to be holy as He is holy: To set an example of godliness in speech, conduct, faith, love, and purity as an act of both gratitude and obedience to God—not as a means for salvation, but as a response to it.
Marriage/ Sexuality: We believe human sexuality is rightly expressed within the confines of the Biblical definition of marriage between a biological man and a biological woman and subscribe to the Nashville Statement released on August 29, 2017, by the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood.
Stance on Life: We believe life begins at conception; that God knows children in the womb; Murder is the unjust ending of life and prohibited by Scripture; therefore, Abortion is prohibited by God.
Last Things: We believe in the return of Christ; The resurrection of the dead; the judgment of those living and those who have died; the reality of Satan; the reality of heaven and hell; and the reality of eternal life for those united to Christ and eternal damnation for those who are not.
The Statement of Faith upon which this corporation shall operate is set forth as follows:
1. We believe the Bible is the verbally-inspired Word and Revelation of God, infallible, God-breathed, without error in the original writings, and inerrant on every issue it may touch. (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:16-21; John 10:34-35; Mt. 5:17-18). PINE VALLEY BIBLE CONFERENCE ASSOCIATION, INC. subscribes in whole to the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy released on October 29, 1978, by the International Council on Biblical Inerrancy.
2. We believe that there is one God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Mk. 12:35-37; Mt. 28:19)
3. We believe that God created man in His own image; that man sinned and thereby brought upon himself death, both physical and spiritual; and that all human beings share this guilt and inherit this sin nature from the first Adam. (Gen. 1:26, 27, 2:15-17; Rom. 5:12)
4. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His miraculous conception and virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through the shedding of His blood, in His bodily resurrection on the third day, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal and imminent return to rule and reign (in His return first for His church saints, and secondly with His saints to reign over the earth). We believe that all things were created by Him and for Him. (John 10:30; Heb. 1:8; Luke 1:26-35; John 14:1-3; 1 Thess. 4:16-17; 1 Cor. 15:51-52; Rev. 19:11-16; 20:4-6; John 1:1-14; Col. 1:16-17)
5. We believe that salvation is by grace alone through faith in Christ alone, apart from any works done by man before or after salvation, and that the merits of the shed blood of Christ are sufficient to save and to keep the believer eternally secure in Christ. (Rom. 3:23; 2 Cor. 5:17; Rom. 3:26; Eph. 2:8-9; Rom. 4:1-5; 1 John 5:13)
6. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and that the Holy Spirit sovereignly (as He wills irrespective of us) bestows spiritual gifts (extraordinary powers conferred solely by His divine grace operating in their souls as distinguished from natural gifts and abilities) upon believers for service in the body of Christ, and that the gifts of apostles, prophets, healings, miracles, and tongues are not gifted to individuals today. (Acts 2:1-12, 10:44-48, 19:1-6; Eph. 2:20; 1 Cor. 12- 14, especially 12:7-11, 27-31, 14:18-25; Rom. 12:6-8; Heb. 2:3-4)i
7. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the saved unto the resurrection of life, and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29; Rev. 20:5-6, 11-15)
8. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Eph. 4:3)
9. We believe in the individual priesthood of the believer. (1 Pet. 2:5-9)
10. We believe in the Great Evangelistic Commission of the Lord Jesus Christ, that upon believing in Christ as their Savior, new believers are to be baptized in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matt. 28:16-20; Acts 1:8)
11. We believe that all followers of the Lord Jesus Christ should maintain good works. (Eph. 4:1-32; Titus 2:1-15, 3:1-11)
12. We believe in the personality and reality of Satan. (Rev. 12:9, 10; Matt. 4:2-11; Isa. 14:12-17; John 8:44)
13. We believe that Heaven is a place of eternal blessedness and that Hell is a place of eternal suffering. (2 Cor. 5:1-10; Rev. 20:1-15; Rev. 21 and 22)
14. We believe that the local church, which is the body and the espoused bride of Christ, is solely made up of born-again persons. (1 Cor. 12:12-14; 2 Cor. 11:2; Eph. 1:22-23; 5:25-27)
15. We believe that the establishment and continuance of local churches is clearly taught and defined in the New Testament Scriptures. (Acts 14:27; 20:17, 28-32; 1 Tim. 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-11)
16. We believe in the autonomy of the local church free of any external authority or control. (Acts 13:1-4; 15:19-31; 20:28; Rom. 16:1, 4; 1 Cor. 3:9, 16; 5:4-7, 13; 1 Pet. 5:1-4)
17. We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord. God commands His people to separate from all religious apostasy, all worldly and sinful pleasures, practices, and associations, and to refrain from all immodest and immoderate appearances. (Lev. 19:28; Rom. 12:1-2; 14:13; 1 Cor. 6:19-20; 2 Cor. 6:14-7:1; 2 Tim. 3:1-5; 1 John 2:15-17; 2 John 9-11)
18. We believe that God has commanded that no sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex. We believe that God disapproves of and forbids any attempt to alter one’s gender by surgery or appearance. (Gen. 2:24; 19:5, 13; 26:8-9; Lev. 18:1-30; Rom. 1:26-29; 1 Cor. 5:1, 6:9; 1 Thess. 4:1-8; Heb. 13:4)
19. We believe that the Bible defines marriage solely as the joining of one man and one woman. (Gen. 2:24; Rom. 7:2; 1 Cor. 7:10; Eph. 5:22-23, PINE VALLEY BIBLE CONFERENCE ASSOCIATION, INC. subscribes in whole to The Nashville Statement released on August 29, 2017, by the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood (copy on file).
20. We believe that human life begins at conception and that the unborn child is a living human being. Abortion constitutes the unjustified, unexcused taking of unborn human life. Abortion is murder. We reject any teaching that abortions of pregnancies due to rape, incest, birth defects, gender selection, birth or population control, or the physical or mental well- being of the mother are acceptable. (Job 3:16; Ps. 51:5; 139:14-16; Isa. 44:24; 49:1, 5; Jer. 1:5; 20:15-18; Luke 1:44)
The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself is the sole and final source of all that we believe. We do believe, however, that the foregoing Statement of Faith accurately represents the teaching of the Bible and, therefore, is binding upon all members. All literature used in the corporation shall be in complete agreement with the Statement of Faith.